August 23, 2019, 02:03:47 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Aberdeen Aeromodellers Flying Club

Information

Visitor Map

Locations of visitors to this page

Author Topic: DHC1 BLACK HORSE PETROL CHIPMUNK  (Read 860 times)

Offline al watt

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
DHC1 BLACK HORSE PETROL CHIPMUNK
« on: January 11, 2018, 09:05:54 PM »
Hi I have a Chipmunk that has never flown but is fully built with digital servos and Thor 45 CDI ENGINE which has been run for 15 mins. 
The thor engine cost 219 pounds and the scale exhaust was about 100 plus. . I had to get special engine mounts so they were not cheap.....

The kit was over 300 if I remember right. the prop is on but the cowl has not been cut yet.
I bought it just before  me changing to the dark side, thus its been a hanger queen.   I was going to get it flying later this year.
I am not really desperate to sell it but can't see me spending time tweaking petrol engines but you never know it has electronic ignition.
I was just wondering if somebody into big planes would be interested in buying it?
Just needs rx and battery   
I would sell it for 450 or keep it.
pm me if you are interested. I am more into Helicopters these days and it seems a waste to have it not flying   
If not then  I will get it flight ready in summer for a maiden
al watt

« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:12:14 PM by al watt »

Offline al watt

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
Re: DHC1 BLACK HORSE PETROL CHIPMUNK
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 04:32:45 PM »
I still am thinking about selling this if anyone is interested.. 400.. it has digital servos only needs rx and cowl cut
al
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 04:35:26 PM by al watt »

Offline Alex Mackie

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 10:41:16 PM »
Al,
I have had this model before and lost it when I gave an Air Cadet a flight 2 years ago. Engine survived.
I had hoped to buy the airframe/ servos for 220-250. Could only go to 350 complete as I have already bought another model at New Yearand budget stretched.
Thanks for replying, I am chairman of the Glenrothes club and understand my offer may not reach your expectation.
Alex.

Offline al watt

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 10:20:44 AM »
Sent you a PM.   Alex.   My internet the last couple of days has been flaky
Al

Offline al watt

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 01:23:49 PM »
Got a real shock a new kit if you can get it is over 450 pound    my one is open to a decent offer.. with the correct engine  for it etc
Happy to consider a reasonable offer or will just wait till summer to get it in the air.

Offline al watt

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 02:44:58 PM »
Hi Everyone going to the Heli Nats...
I think I might take my never flown Chipmunk with Thor engine to the Nats in case somebody wants to buy it...Just need cowl cut Petrol engine has been run... As you all know I fly helis more these days and its a shame to see this almost ready to fly aircraft sitting in my workshop..
Engine has been run...

al

Recent Posts

Copyright AAMFC
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines | Mods by SMFSimple.com
Simple Audio Video Embedder
TinyPortal © 2005-2015