May 25, 2019, 12:59:24 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Aberdeen Aeromodellers Flying Club

Author Topic: AWPR bypass now fully open  (Read 242 times)

Offline IanF

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
AWPR bypass now fully open
« on: February 19, 2019, 09:06:22 AM »
For those of you going to the field from North of Aberdeen the AWPR is now fully open. Worth a try I think.
Iím off to use it very soon
OFFICIAL FOAM ABUSER

Offline MikeB

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
Re: AWPR bypass now fully open
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 06:15:19 PM »
What you flying it should make for good landings  with a South West wind

Offline RickyC

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 07:38:06 PM »
Could someone please give me directions to the site using the new AWPR f rom the Haddington round about, I assume Ihead out of town to wards Dyce and then take the route South, where do I get of etc, Thanks in advance, remember I am a country yes country loon from Caithness .

Offline al watt

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 07:59:50 PM »
At the risk of getting shot down by my AAMFC buddies.. The easiest way is to join the WPR at the airport roundabout =South...   I would come off at the WPR slip road to Cults (Its the slip road two or three miles  South past the Westhill/Kingswells one)   

Follow the road round over WPR  and downhill to the lights at Miltimber junction, keep on the left lane as it goes straight on down hill onto the old road - You go downhill and  pass the new WPR bridge on your left over the Dee - then onto the lower deeside road towards Aberdeen and past Blairs  College on right then its next main road uphill - follow the road up hill for two or three miles and you take a left   as you would have done in the past.
al

Offline RickyC

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 08:38:19 PM »
Thanks Al, hopefully I will follow your directions, if I get lost itís my fault, hope to see you this weekend, I am down tomorrow for a long weekend. Hope the weather gods are on my side, and I get the apprentice into the air and more importantly back onto earth rather than into the earth, Ian F has provisionally offered some tuition. Thanks everyone.

Offline IanF

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2019, 10:54:37 PM »
If you are starting at the Haudigan Roubabout  I wouldnít use the AWPR.
Iíd just go over Anderson Drive, over the Old Bridge of Dee, take a right along Leggart Terrace ( third exit) , then after the houses end, you go over a small bridge, then take a left, then carry on  up thehill until Banchory Devenick x roads turn right field is 1/2 mile on left .
 No real point in going all the way to  Duce to get on the AWPR.

This is the option I would take, but Als is as good. Your choice
OFFICIAL FOAM ABUSER

Recent Posts

Copyright AAMFC
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines | Mods by SMFSimple.com
Simple Audio Video Embedder
TinyPortal © 2005-2015