February 19, 2019, 11:23:57 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Aberdeen Aeromodellers Flying Club

Information

Visitor Map

Locations of visitors to this page

Author Topic: Not goodbye but see you later  (Read 196 times)

Offline Gav

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Member
Not goodbye but see you later
« on: February 01, 2019, 05:11:02 AM »
Guys I'm sure you will have all noticed my absence from the club this past few months. I bet it's an awful lot quieter. The simple fact is with the wife going back to work and sharing the childcare I just don't have time to fit this hobby in just now. I do intend to return once Jacob is in nursery etc however for the meantime other than a visit to view you guys flying and perhaps a cuppa I'm afraid it's bonjuir rodney. I am keeping my lecky planes for my triumphant return but below is first refusal at some petrol run planes. Please pm me if your interested. Pick up Stonehaven

Pilot rc yak with da 55 petrol engine all digi servos with spectrum receiver. £200. Please be aware that this plane has hanger rash and the wing covering does not match the fuselage (hence the price) The plane however is in flight condition and is a joy to fly

Rabbit yak with unkown 30cc engine which runs fine (Andy Murray set it up) all digi servos again with spectrum receiver. Minor rudder damage after a poor landing performed by me but nothing a bit of super glue and trim wouldn't sort out £100

Seagull mono coup 38cc zenioa engine which runs sweet as a nut. Undercarriage damaged but repaired. Standard servos throughout and spectrum receiver. Again hanger rash but low price£100

I have priced these low as I'd like to see them being used rather than sitting in my garage.

Cheers and happy landings to all of you

Offline Mike Deans

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
Re: Not goodbye but see you later
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 08:00:54 AM »
Excuses, excuses! Yes the field has become far more civilised with the riff raff absent  >:D  So how long has your sentence to run before your return?

Mike
Happiness is flying and landing in one piece

Offline IanF

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 11:03:31 AM »
Aye aye Gav. Thought that might be the case. Youíve done the right thing. Look forward to seeing you when you visit, just remember to shoe me the dent in your head made by a thumb! 😜

But yes, youíve done the right thing. Good for Jacob to have a nice dad like you.
OFFICIAL FOAM ABUSER

Offline Gav

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 01:08:29 PM »
Mike I am probably looking at a 2 year stretch but I'm not upset I'm loving the daddy son time with the mountain that is Jacob. He is huge now btw must take after his mother.

Ian what a lovely thing to say you are obviously  not yourself today  ;D

I have been trying to get up for a catch up but with work and family duties it has not happened (I'm quite the social butterfly nowadays). I'll get up for a cuppa at some point.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 01:12:36 PM by Gav »

Offline Ron Massie

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 10:34:40 PM »
Haste ye back

Offline IanF

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 06:37:02 PM »
Gav . Sent you a PM. 😉
OFFICIAL FOAM ABUSER

Offline Cam MacDonald

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 10:50:58 PM »
Sent you a PM

Offline Gav

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: Today at 01:26:01 PM »
50cc sold

Offline IanF

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: Today at 03:21:05 PM »
Oh dear , thatíll be the end of it.....thrashed to an inch of its life 😄

Well done Gav . Remember to keep that money in your toy plane fund. Youíll need it when you return mate. Or put it towards a family RC Hotel trip 👍
OFFICIAL FOAM ABUSER

Recent Posts

Copyright AAMFC
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines | Mods by SMFSimple.com
Simple Audio Video Embedder
TinyPortal © 2005-2015