November 22, 2019, 04:24:51 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Club AGM - 30th Nov 2019 @ 12.00 club caravan

Aberdeen Aeromodellers Flying Club

Information

Visitor Map

Locations of visitors to this page

Author Topic: RC Hotel  (Read 317 times)

Offline RickyC

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
RC Hotel
« on: September 25, 2019, 09:32:26 PM »
Gents advice please. I am thinking of going to the RC Hotel would those in the know please advise on:
Where to fly from for cheap flights
Best time to go or when not to go
Instructor fees if needed
Any other info which may be helpful

Thanks in advance.

Offline IanF

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
Re: RC Hotel
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 11:12:13 AM »
Direct flights tend to stop by end of October, so the Hotel closes from then until April when the flights start again.
You can fly direct from Aberdeen with TUI on Fridays, weekly from early May until end October. My first choice. Wait until you see prices online come down. Last trip in August, flight price started at £349 return , I paid £149, others paid £129 and two days before flight the price went to £89 so there are savings to make if you keep your nerve.
Next is Ryanair from Edinburgh same sort dates, but goes twice a week thro the high season.

Iíve been May, June, August, October. I prefer August, but it is Hot,hot, hot.

Sorry donít know the instructor fees, but have seen them at work. They are very patient. I think it is around Ä20 to Ä25 an hour. They use ST Models Discovery planes and you get 4 flights plus briefings with breaks between, so basically around an hours flying spread over a couple hours.
Flying is from 9:00 to 13:00 then 1700 until 28:00 or dusk whichever comes first.

Rooms are typical Greek, plain walls boxy furniture, and all have a patio with sun beds etc. Very clean, the maid service is great in my opinion.
Food........Just the best....you will not be disappointed. Iíd go for full board. That includes pick. Up and drop off at airport, transport to various resorts thro the week. An evening in Corfu town is good. Boat trip is good, but extra cost. Thereís other things available, but I tend to chill out and not move offsite much.
The pool is lovely and refreshing after a morning at the runway in the heat.

It is isolated, being up in the centre of Corfu, so not a lot within walking distance, hence the free transport. If you want to see more of the island Spiros can organise car hire for you.

Iíve now been 15 times so it must be OK.
Already looking into a two week trip next August with my wife ( who incidentally loves the place too.)

Hope this is of some help.

Spiros is the owner, email or phone him on his mobile number. Remember they are two hours ahead. He goes for a siesta from 14:30 to 17:00 local time so donít phone then as he probably wonít answer.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 11:16:58 AM by IanF »
OFFICIAL FOAM ABUSER

Offline RickyC

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 02:18:04 PM »
Thanks Ian for all the info, much appreciated, you must be a platinum customer with them 😀

Offline IanF

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 09:34:22 PM »
No sir thereís lots more who go more than me. The guys down the South of England can get really cheap flights .... around £40 to £50 return so they do 3 or 4 trips a year.
OFFICIAL FOAM ABUSER

Offline Gav

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2019, 09:56:05 AM »
Having experienced the place myself twice its a great holiday destination.  Flown from Edinburgh and if I remember right the flights were around £100-150 return.  This was a holiday with other boys from the club.

When I got back I convinced my wife to come out (she was apprehensive as she kept calling it a toy aeroplane holiday which it does not have to be).  I got flights with Norwegian air from Gatwick return for less than £200 for three of us as a family.  Excellent value but did incur the inconvenience of getting to gatwick.  There are massively cheap flights if your will to get yourself to London.

Recent Posts

Copyright AAMFC
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines | Mods by SMFSimple.com
Simple Audio Video Embedder
TinyPortal © 2005-2015